Red Giant (Gondola)
Starting at 643m at the base of the Quad chair (for those of you that ski or board here) the new trail winds its way across Aonach Mor's awesome mountainscape. The trail was built in 2009 but the final section, described as 'swoopy' was only completed early in 2010. Ride it and let us know what you think.
- 2017 Season - Sat 6 May - Mid September 2017
- Times - gondola uplift for bikes available 10.15am - 3.45pm
- Open - every day in the season other than certain race, maintenance & bad weather days
- Weather closures - in certain circumstances weather can affect gondola uplift for bike and the trails
- Age restrictions - riders need to be 12 years and above
- Participation Statement - all riders must complete one, will be available shortly. Riders aged 15 and under need to get a parent or guardian to sign their Participation Statement
- Frequent riders card - £1, means you don't need to complete a Participation Statement each time you ride
- Code of Practice - all riders must adhere to this
- Uplift tickets - these are not transferable
- Grading - Red XC
- Access - gondola uplift
- Length - more than 5.5km we think!
- Start altitude - 643m
- Finish altitude - 100m
- Vertical drop - 543m
- Finish - Nevis Range carpark or Witch's Trails XC
- Fastest time - let us know!
- Overall - steep, rugged & tough
- Track - wide single track
- Surface - timber boardwalk, bedrock, gravel, rock gardens
- Features - berms, rock steps, jumps, drops, gap jumps
The Inside Guide
- Fitness level - proficient and fitter mountian bikers with good off road riding skills
- Bikes - better quality off road mountain bike
- Protective clothing
- No Fuss Events Launch Custom Branded Mountain Gondola
Thu, 02 Feb 2017 14:40:26
We were delighted to welcome No Fuss Events to Nevis Range today to launch the latest strand to their innovative marketing campaign for 2017 – the first completely wrapped mountain gondola at Nevis Range. Unveiling their custom branded Gondola, Fr...
- In the Shadow of Ben Nevis
Tue, 16 Feb 2016 01:13:00
Working at Nevis Range, 27 years on, in 2016, it’s all too easy to forget the blood, sweat & tears and the huge amount of effort that went into creating the ski resort and visitor attraction that we all take for granted today. And as a skier or...
- Change at the top!
Wed, 16 Sep 2015 11:12:41
From today, we’ve got a new boss here at Nevis Range. Peter joined Nevis Range when it first opened in 1989 as head chef. Since then, he’s been busy keeping our customers, and us, well fed with delicious and healthy meals made with loads of ...