Witch's Trails open all year, plus blue & green XC descents
Gondola uplift for World Cup downhill & Red Giant, 10.15am-3.45pm, Sat 6 May - mid-Sep 2017.
TRACK CLOSURES FOR PLANNED MAINTENANCE & EVENTS 2016
Tracks can be also closed for unplanned maintenance and bad weather days, so please also check the Mountain Report before you travel.
Nevis Range Hydro construction [22/8/16]
- The Nevis Range hydro is being built during 2016.
- Work will be taking place on some trails which will include digger and other machinery. Affected routes will include forest roads, in particular the access to the Blue Adder and Cats Eyes descents.
- Riders should be aware that this work is taking place, take care near to machinery, and pay attention to diversion and other signage and all instructions.
- A map showing the location of this work is available at the Nevis Range gondola ticket office.
10 Under the Ben - trail
- The Forestry Commission are carrying out timber harvesting work on the 'corduroy road' section running towards the quarry. The route will remain open. Riders are asked riders to take care and look out for machines as there is a forwarder crossing point. [22/4/16]
- The boardwalk bridge below the Auction Mart has a diversion in place. [20/5/16]
Cour Loop - trail
- This route is signposted as a route through the forest, under the Scottish Outdoor Access Code. It is open and maintained (resurfaced 2016). Please note this trail is managed by Forestry Commission Scotland, rather than Nevis Range. [Updated 20/5/16]
Closures/info for events - in date order - PLEASE read to the end!
Sun 22 Jan - Athletics race
Small athletics race. Using trails, will be marshalled.
Sat 29 April - NoFuss 10 Under the Ben race
The event will use some sections of the Witch's Trails. Including the Blue Adder, the puggy line, and the World Champs XC. Trails can be ridden by riders but be aware that the event is taking place. The route will be marshalled. The race route will not be made public until just before the event, and an event route map will be made available at NR Ticket Office. There's no effect on the gondola accessed Downhill or Red Giant. Pinemarten open late on the Saturday evening.
Mon 1 May, Sat 6 May - Scottish Six Day Trials (SSDT) - features at Nevis Range
Some trails (and the river at the far end of the carpark) will be used bu the SSDT adn will be marshalled
Sat 6 May - TRAIL DAY and Opening Day of gondola accessed trails
Uplift for Downhill and Red Giant XC opens for the summer season // demo with TBC // TBC Scottish Cycling Mini Downhill race // photographer onsite // BBQ // DJ. TBC Blue Adder XC descent closed for the Mini Downhill race for part of day.
Fri 12 May - Sun 14 May - BDS Downhill Race
In order for track preparation to take place, on Fri 12 the last uplift for the downhill track will be at TBC 2.45pm - please clear the track promptly, thank you, The downhill track will be completely closed for the race on Sat 13 and Sun 14 May. Red Giant remains open.
TBC Mon 29 May - Sun 4 June - MTB World Cup
Downhill closed TBC Mon 29 May - TBC Sun 4 June. Red Giant closed TBC Thurs 1 - TBC Sun 4 June. Witch's Trails around the carpark closed Sat 3 - Sun 4 June. All trails reopen as soon as tracks rideable on Mon 5 June.
Sat 8 July - Endurance Downhill
More information coming soon
Sun TBC Sep 2016 - Last day of gondola uplift for both Orange Downhill and Red Giant XC
The Downhill/Red Giant tracks must hibernate for winter. This is the final weekend and your last chance to ride the Downhill this season.
SDA Downhill Race
More information coming soon.
Sat 29 Oct - Relentless 24
This 24 hour race event will use the Witch's Trails, diversions and directions will be in place. The Cats Eyes XC trail will be closed during the race. Course details will be released closer to event date.
Pancake day on the slopes
Ski Race - Cancelled
SSSA Alpine Series - Primary Final
Ski Race - Cancelled
SSSA Alpine Series - Secondary Finals
Ski or Snowboard for half price (retro theme)
Get your Zone A day ticket for half price!
Bearsden Ski Club Race
Back Corrie Workshop
Introducing the basic concept of Back Country Skiing
- No Fuss Events Launch Custom Branded Mountain Gondola
Thu, 02 Feb 2017 14:40:26
We were delighted to welcome No Fuss Events to Nevis Range today to launch the latest strand to their innovative marketing campaign for 2017 – the first completely wrapped mountain gondola at Nevis Range. Unveiling their custom branded Gondola, Fr...
- Join our first ever RESCUE DAY
Fri, 07 Oct 2016 09:57:01
On Saturday 8 October, we’re holding a Rescue Day at the gondola base station at Nevis Range. There will be range of activities and demonstrations taking place throughout the afternoon between 1pm and 5pm, including search and rescue dog demos, gon...
- Brit Atheron takes home 3rd Fort William World Cup title
Sun, 05 Jun 2016 17:50:39
Hat-trick hero Rachel Atherton takes home 3rd Fort William World Cup title as Greg Minnaar proves too strong once again. British rider Atherton wins her 9th consecutive World Cup title in the Fort William sunshine as South Africa’s Greg Minnaar triumphs i...