Witch's Trails open all year, plus blue & green XC descents
Gondola uplift for World Cup downhill & Red Giant, 10.15am-3.45pm, Sun 7 May - Sun 18 Sep 2016,
TRACK CLOSURES FOR PLANNED MAINTENANCE & EVENTS 2016
Tracks can be also closed for unplanned maintenance and bad weather days, so please also check the Mountain Report before you travel.
Nevis Range Hydro construction [22/8/16]
- The Nevis Range hydro is being built during 2016.
- During late August, September and October 2016, work will be taking place on some trails which will include digger and other machinery. Affected routes will include forest roads, in particular the access to the Blue Adder and Cats Eyes descents.
- Riders shuld be aware that this work is taking place, take care near to machinery, and pay attention to diversion and other signage and all instructions.
- A maps showing the location of this work is available at the Nevis Range gondola ticket office.
10 Under the Ben - trail
- The "temporary" bridge between Nessie and the North Face trail on the puggy line is being replaced by the Forestry Commission. The existing route is now open using the "temporary" bridge while work is carried out on the new bridge. The new bridge is taped and signed for rider safety while work is being carried out. [02/08/16]
- The Forestry Commission are carrying out timber harvesting work on the 'corduroy road' section running towards the quarry. The route will remain open. Riders are asked riders to take care and look out for machines as there is a forwarder crossing point. [22/4/16]
- The boardwalk bridge below the Auction Mart has a diversion in place. [20/5/16]
Cour Loop - trail
- This route is signposted as a route through the forest, under the Scottish Outdoor Acces Code. It is open and maintained (resurfaced 2016). Please note this trail is managed by Forestry Commission Scotland, rather than Nevis Range. [Updated 20/5/16]
Closures for events - in date order - PLEASE read to the end!
Sat 16 April - 17 April - Round of the POC Scottish Enduro Series
The event will use some sections of the Witch's Trails, including the Blue Adder. [A map will be available at the main Ticket Office a the weekend.] The Timed Stages will be marshalled at start and finish and Nevis Range customers wishing to ride these Stages should let the marshals know who will hold back racing to allow this. No effect the DH or the Red Giant. The route will not be made public until just before the event. Open practice on the Saturday, race on the Sunday. Pinemarten open late on the Saturday evening.
Sat 23 April - Local Bike Club Enduro
The event will use some sections of the Witch's Trails. A map will be available at the main Ticket Office a the weekend. The Timed Stages will be marshalled at start and finish and Nevis Range customers wishing to ride these Stages should let the marshals know who will hold back racing to allow this.
Mon 2 May, Sat 7 May - Scottish Six Day Trials (SSDT) - features at Nevis Range
Some trails (and the river at the far end of the carpark) will be used bu the SSDT adn will be marshalled
Sat 7 May - TRAIL DAY and Opening Day of gondola accessed trails
Uplift for Downhill and Red Giant XC opens for the summer season // demo with Specialized // vehicle uplift to Blue Adder + Cats Eyes // Scottish Cycling Mini Downhill race // photographer onsite // BBQ // DJ. Blue Adder XC descent closed for the Mini Downhill race for part of day.
Fri 13 May - Sun 15 May - BDS Downhill Race
In order for track preparation to take place, on Fri 13 the last uplift for the downhill track will be at 2.45pm - please clear the track promptly, thank you, The downhill track will be completely closed for the race on Sat 14 and Sun 15 May. Red Giant remains open.
Mon 16 May - Thurs 19 May - Filming on downhill track.
Sections will be temporary taped/ marshalled whilst filming takes place.
Mon 23 May - Fri 27 May - 'ropes course' bridge
The Forestry Commission Scotland are replacing this bridge. A local diversion will be in place and signed
Mon 30 May - Sun 5 June - MTB World Cup
Downhill closed Mon 30 May - Sun 5 June. Red Giant closed Thurs 2 - Sun 5 June. Witch's Trails around the carpark closed Sat 4 - Sun 5 June. All trails reopen as soon as tracks rideable on Mon 6 June.
Sat 25 June - NoFuss 10 Under the Ben race
The event will use some sections of the Witch's Trails. Including the Blue Adder, the puggy line, and the World Champs XC. Trails can be ridden by riders but be aware that the event is taking place. The route will be marshalled. The race route will not be made public until just before the event, and an event route map will be made available at NR Ticket Office. There's no effect on the gondola accessed Downhill or Red Giant. Pinemarten open late on the Saturday evening.
Sun 18 Sep 2016 - Last day of gondola uplift for both Orange Downhill and Red Giant XC
The Downhill/Red Giant tracks must hibernate for winter. This is the final weekend and your last chance to ride the Downhill this season.
Sat 24 - Sun 25 Sep 2016 - SDA Downhill Race
Please note that the Downhill and Red Giant are both closed from Mon 19 Sep and will only open for the SDA race on Sat 25 and Sun 26 Sep 2016.
Sat 29 Oct - Relentless 24
This 24 hour race event will use the Witch's Trails, diversions and directions will be in place. The Cats Eyes XC trail will be closed during the race. Course details will be released closer to event date.
High Wire Adventure in the DARK...
If you dare.......
High Wire Adventure in the DARK...
If you dare.......
Non stop 24 MTB event!!
12/11/2016 to 13/11/2016
A truly grass roots racing experience open to all young riders!
Winter Lunches in the Pinemarten cafe
14/11/2016 to 16/12/2016
Join us in the Pinemarten cafe to sample our winter lunch menu
Planned maintenance, Gondola shut, stays OPEN at Weekends
14/11/2016 to 21/12/2016
Pinemarten cafe bar remains OPEN
- Join our first ever RESCUE DAY
Fri, 07 Oct 2016 09:57:01
On Saturday 8 October, we’re holding a Rescue Day at the gondola base station at Nevis Range. There will be range of activities and demonstrations taking place throughout the afternoon between 1pm and 5pm, including search and rescue dog demos, gon...
- Brit Atheron takes home 3rd Fort William World Cup title
Sun, 05 Jun 2016 17:50:39
Hat-trick hero Rachel Atherton takes home 3rd Fort William World Cup title as Greg Minnaar proves too strong once again. British rider Atherton wins her 9th consecutive World Cup title in the Fort William sunshine as South Africa’s Greg Minnaar triumphs i...
- Europeans takes top spots on 4X podium
Sun, 05 Jun 2016 11:28:23
Fort William BUFF® 4X PRO TOUR final finishes on a European high as Czech, Tomáš Slavik, and German, Steffi Marth, take top spots on the podium Today (4 June), 45 riders from across the world descended upon the Nevis Range in Fort William for the BUFF® 4X...